Happy Pride Month everyone! To celebrate this month and all the gender identities, sexualities, romantic and non-romantic orientations within the LGBTQ+ community I have put together this Pride Month calendar. Each day I aim to celebrate and raise awareness of a gender identity/sexuality. I created the Pride Month calendar based on ones I found online such as this one: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/547609635945452475/
However I added and changed around some of the days. For example I added in T4T next to Skoliosexual, Demiromantic, Neptunic, Uranic and included the updated Panromantic flag.
Here are some of the identities I included/ ones you might not have heard of:
- 4th & 7th of June – Polysexual (attraction to multiple genders). Omnisexual (attraction to all genders, with gender being a factor in attraction – unlike pansexuals where gender isn’t a contributing factor, omni’s might be attracted to different traits in different genders).
- 6th June – Skoliosexual/ Ceterosexual (attraction to those who are Transgender or Non-binary – usually used by those who are under the Trans/Non-binary umbrellas themselves). Although Skoliosexual is probably more widely known, the updated term and less controversial/debated is Ceterosexual. T4T (This is a preference rather than a sexuality/ romantic orientation, it means ‘Trans for Trans’. Basically if you are T4T you are under the Trans/Non-binary umbrellas and have a preference for those under the Trans/Non-binary umbrella. This may be due to having similar experiences in terms of gender identity or wanting to be with someone who better understands your experiences).
- 8th & 9th – Demisexual (only experiencing sexual attraction once you have formed close bond with someone) & Demiromantic (only experiencing romantic attraction once you have formed a close bond with someone). These come under the Asexual and Aromantic spectrums.
- 11th – Polyamorous (attraction to more than one person at a time).
- 12th – Intersex (someone who is born with reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t fit the binary boxes of male or female).
- 15th – Agender (genderless or gender neutral person).
- 18th & 19th – Trigender (someone experiencing a mix of three gender identities). Pangender (pan means ‘all’ so someone with this identity may feel a connection to all genders/ that they have one all encompassing identity or shift between identities over time).
- 24th & 27th – Neptunic (attraction to both female and non-binary genders). Uranic (attraction to both male and non-binary genders).