Hi folks, your Art co-editor here! We will soon be welcoming June, which may continue to be an uncertain time for many of us. Maybe like me, you’ve lost inspiration and motivation to write being stuck at home. If so, have a read of the following writing prompts that I hope will ignite your passion for writing again.
1. You wake up on a deserted island. Describe the objects found beside you.
2. Write a backstory for a minor character from a book or movie.
3. You’ve just been thrown into a prison cell. Write a story about your escape using the three items found in your pocket.
4. Write a story from the perspective of a common household item.
5. You’ve just discovered the Prime Minister’s diary. Write the opening paragraph.
6. Write a story about a man who has just found out he is the last person on Earth.
7. Avoid using the words ‘and’ and ‘the’ in your story about a typical Sunday morning.
8. Begin a story using the last text message you received.
9. Write the conclusion to a story and work backwards to the beginning.
10. You become a superhero for one day only. What do you do first?