This month I’ve decided to participate in Veganuary, cutting dairy and eggs out of my previously vegetarian diet. There are many ethical and environmental reasons why I’ve decided to do this, but primarily to try new foods and recipes. One of my favourites that I’ve discovered so far is scrambled tofu! I think it’s delicious, so if you’re taking part in Veganuary or just wanting to try new food, then follow the recipe below and enjoy!
2 tbsp. Sunflower Oil
½ Block of Tofu
½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
½ tsp. Turmeric
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
½ Red Pepper, cut into strips (Any colour you fancy really)
Handful of Spinach (or any veg you like)
2 Slices of Bread
1. Add oil to a saucepan. When hot, crumble in the tofu and cook for a minute.
2. Stir in the spices: paprika, turmeric, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a further two minutes.
3. Add the pepper to the pan and cook until soft.
4. Drop a handful of spinach into the pan and cook until wilted.
5. Put your chosen bread into the toaster. When done, cover with butter/spread if desired.
6. Serve and enjoy!