‘The scariest moment is always just before you start’ Stephen King
Hi folks, your Art co-editor here. Welcome to September, a time where many of you may be returning to school. Maybe you’ve lost inspiration and motivation to write? If so, read on and digest the following writing prompts that I hope will spark your imagination.
1. You are granted one superpower. What is the power and what do you do with it?
2. Write a story about the discovery of your own tombstone.
3. Create a word that doesn’t exist. Then define it.
4. Write a eulogy for a famous fictional character.
5. A man discovers that any machine he touches comes to life.
6. Write a story about a lost cat. No word can be repeated more than once.
7. You discover the diary of the President of the United States of America.
8. Write about the real reason people have freckles.
9. You’ve woken up in a body that is not yours.
10. Write about the thing that was worth selling your soul for.